Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-14 13:10:29

gianluca.pettinello

[Solved] Thunar location bar

Hello everybody,

I like xfce and thunar but there is a feature missing: when I select the pathbar style of the location bar, I miss the back,forward, home buttons. Is there a chance that the programmers are creating this feature??
I'm also trying by myself but I don't know how to automatically convert thunar-window-ui.xml to thunar-window-ui.h.
Is there a particular tool for that?

Thanks
Gianluca

#2 2015-08-14 14:24:01

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Thunar location bar

Hello and welcome.

when I select the pathbar style of the location bar, I miss the back,forward, home buttons.

When you select the pathbar style, it uses the breadcrumbs method of navigating. The directories leading to the current directory from your home directory are shown as breadcrumbs:
OYb6HqG.png
As per the above image, my current directory is "Xfce". To move forward, I would click on the first "thunar" crumb to the right. To move backwards, I would click on "Development" crumb to the left. To go home, I would click on the "toz" crumb.

Is there a chance that the programmers are creating this feature??

You can ask, but the method I described above is the method used to navigate in this style.

I'm also trying by myself but I don't know how to automatically convert thunar-window-ui.xml to thunar-window-ui.h.
Is there a particular tool for that?

Have a look at the thunar/Makefile file for this snippet:

thunar-window-ui.h: Makefile $(srcdir)/thunar-window-ui.xml
	$(AM_V_GEN) exo-csource --strip-comments --strip-content --static --name=thunar_window_ui $(srcdir)/thunar-window-ui.xml > thunar-window-ui.h

...it uses exo-csource to make the conversion.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-08-14 15:31:15

sixsixfive
Website

you can use mouse gestures: by holding mouse button 3 drag up to .. , right for forward, left for back and down for reload

#4 2015-08-14 18:56:05

gianluca.pettinello

Thanks all for the quick reply.
I forgot to mention that I use tree view on the side pane (yes I'm old fashioned smile )
What I would love to have is something like nemo but with the flexibility of thunar (custom actions etc). I will try to hack a bit the code
nemo pathbar

Board footer