Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-25 21:14:48

ender

Hello

Hey people!

I'm a long time c/c++/python/java/ruby programmer and linux user (so not a kernel hacker, but my hands are full of work anyway; let's just say i quit the hardcore job to make room for guys who like hacking moody hardware).

Long story short, I've been dealing with coding professionally for the past several years and during both my personal endeavors and professional work XFCE has proven to be way superior than gnome, kde and almost anything else I tried (I use a bit of a hybrid environment right now as i can't really live without tiling window managers, so i'm a little stuck between Awesome and XFCE at the moment).

I've been tweaking around xfce in the past days and I was hoping I could contribute a little bit to the project (assuming "revolutions" are welcome). I also have some candies i'm working on that may be nice to have (yakuake / guake inspired console, just, let's say, a bit more versatile).
In general, I'd love to ask if there's a chance I could contribute as a developer, and if the changes would be welcome (before I create and present any patches).

that's pretty much it for now, I guess. Let me know!
take care!
ender

My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough about what's really going on to be scared. - P. J. Plauger

#2 2012-06-25 23:45:04

gnome_refugee

Re: Hello

ender wrote:

yakuake / guake inspired console, just, let's say, a bit more versatile

Ooooh! Yes, please!

#3 2012-06-26 02:06:23

ozjd
Website

gnome_refugee wrote:
ender wrote:

yakuake / guake inspired console, just, let's say, a bit more versatile

Ooooh! Yes, please!

Agreed, guake I don't like and Tilda is a bit basic and besides it hasn't worked in Fedora for a couple of versions now.

#4 2012-06-26 10:01:55

ender

Awesome! looks like my so-far work may get some users smile great!
I am still having the problem with gconf (i had to put most fields manually with gconf-editor), so I'll share the project through github once it works 'out of the box' smile stay tuned!

My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough about what's really going on to be scared. - P. J. Plauger

#5 2012-08-10 22:15:27

ender

Just got approval. The source is now published smile You can look it up here:

https://github.com/tomasz-wiszkowski/XfCon

Because i lack settings support at this moment, you can learn about keys here:

https://github.com/tomasz-wiszkowski/Xf … ettings.py

i hope you guys like it smile

#6 2012-08-11 14:01:40

secipolla

Hi, I know I can download the tarball but what's the path to git clone it?

edit- never mind, 'git clone git://github.com/tomasz-wiszkowski/XfCon.git' did it (at first it didn't work probably because of a typing error).

Last edited by secipolla (2012-08-11 16:45:14)

Board footer