Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-09 15:23:44

Skaperen

when i reload the main page or subforum menu pages, it shows i have read all the new posts OK.  the text "[ New Posts ]" goes away.  but this seems to only be recorded in the browser and not saved anywhere.  when i exit the browser and launch a new one (i have a desktop item to launch a browser that comes directly here) all the "[ New Posts ]" displays come back.  cookies are enabled and no restrictions are applied to them at all.  it should be able to store my last read time code (number of seconds since epoch ... date +%s) and a list of exceptions very easily in cookies.  other forums i also use are doing this right.

#2 2019-03-09 19:05:14

ToZ
Administrator

Re: new posts

If I'm understanding correctly, I can't replicate this (Firefox 65.0.2).

After I've read all the posts, the "New Posts" indicator is not displayed. I close and re-open firefox, and they are still not displayed (unlesss of course, there is another new post).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-03-10 00:18:19

Skaperen

i have Firefox 65.0.1 and upgraded the system yesterday.  what you described is what i am running into, but only here.  other forums i am on, such as ubuntuforums.org and python-forum.io do not have this issue.

#4 2019-03-10 00:29:58

Skaperen

on the main page is a link labeled "Mark all topics as read".  it successfully updates the references.  in each subforum on the page is a link labeled "Mark this forum as read" but that one does not update the references.  things do eventually get updated later in time.  so a post i read right now might not be treated as having been read 10 minutes from now,but will tomorrow.  this latter effect is what makes me believe FluxBB stores user details in its own database.

Board footer