Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-29 04:27:27

Skaperen

sysadmin tools

previously, under Unity, i administered my system with the GUI tools it had.  during the change to Xfce i failed to think about those tools. how can i run them now, with all users transitioned to Xfce, Xubuntu style?  i am looking for something to click on, not type in.  i need to create a new user.  i know how to by editing /etc/passwd an a few other files.  but i don't want to do it that way, anymore (32 years ago i would have without hesitation).  i tried to revert a not-much-used userid back to Unity, but that didn't work.  any better ideas?

#2 2019-03-29 11:42:49

ToZ
Administrator

Re: sysadmin tools

The package "gnome-system-tools" includes admin tools to manage users, networks, shares and time.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-03-29 17:41:59

Skaperen

that package is already installed.  but, i don't see it (other than in dpkg -l output)

#4 2019-03-29 18:56:22

ToZ
Administrator

It comes with 4 executables:
- users-admin
- network-admin
- time-admin
- shares-admin

On Xubuntu 18.04, they are located in the Settings Manager (or Settings Menu category) as:
- Users and Groups
- Network
- Time and Date
The shares one is missing a desktop file on my system, but I don't have samba installed.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer