Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-06 21:36:54

oui

Deepin and XCFE

Hi

As my Deepin installation does not work properly (I did install 3 times and at each installation the desktop environment works only a the first boot properly; at the second one, the bottom centered bar does not come completely so that you can't continue! As I did know that, I did install JWM at the 2d installation and was not happy about the menu in JWM. I did add LXQT on JWM; same thing. At the 3td installation, I did install  openbox, jwm, XFCE4 and lxqt).

lxqt would work best but need a lot of time to be operable after the sessions login...

XFCE4 gives divers little problems stay and I find no solution:

a- I did not find the right way to enter my keyboard definition (US INTL) although it is installed (so that I have each session to invoque a monitor and set it using setxkbmap us intl. But it is a great deception on a system of about 14 GB installed!!!); ok, partially because I can't enter in the Deepin desktop any more and so in the Deepin settings probably. But I assume that also xfce4 offers the same settings?

b- divers app's have no icon in the xfce4 menu or  xfce4-appfinder (opened windows have an icon but not the icon defined in the line "icon" in /usr/share/applications/one-application.desktop, and will not be executed if enter manually in the search field on top

c- I don't find where it is possible to interchange a standard application through an other application. As each desktop environment did install his one, I have the choice under 4 files and trees managers, and I would like to define an other as that what XFCE4 uses to avoid to have to change my habits having to use for ex. thunar!

That is the reason why I am searching for information how to do that.

Kind regards

Last edited by oui (2019-04-06 21:41:35)

#2 2019-04-07 11:21:14

alcornoqui

Re: Deepin and XCFE

oui wrote:

c- I don't find where it is possible to interchange a standard application through an other application. As each desktop environment did install his one, I have the choice under 4 files and trees managers, and I would like to define an other as that what XFCE4 uses to avoid to have to change my habits having to use for ex. thunar!

You can use Settings > Preferred Applications to set defaults for web browser, mail reader, file manager and terminal.

Also you can right click in any file in Thunar, choose "Open with another application", and set your preferred app for any file type by checking "Use as default for this kind of file".

Board footer