Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-25 06:20:35

phenix1990

Change chromium tasks by PID

Hello everybody,

i just started with xfce with a raspberry pi and a nice Waveshare 13.3 touch screen to visualize my openhab smart home control.
The screen will be mounted on the wall and my idea is to switch between some chromium windows when i click on a icon in the panel.

Is there something like a window switcher by PID or chromium tab name?

If a chromium tab is already opened i dont want to open the same url again when i click the icon but navigate through the already existing windows / tabs.

Therefore i have to identify the existing tabs. Before i spend a lot of time to set up something like this manually (due to im a newbie) i want to know if there is an existing solution.

When i try to research i dont find anything maybe due to my keywords are not optimal.

Hope someone can help, thanks for reading this and hopefully also for your answer smile

#2 2020-05-25 12:17:38

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Change chromium tasks by PID

Hello and welcome.

You might be looking for a chrome extension like this one to accomplish this. There really isn't much that the OS or the DE can do here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-05-25 14:12:19

eriefisher

You could use your icon to make a key stroke combo. I don't know what Chrome uses but in FF CTL+TAB switches tabs. If your icon is linked to CTL+TAB somehow it could work.

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

#4 2020-05-25 17:34:10

phenix1990

Thanks for your answers!

@ ToZ: this is exactly what i need! After i edited the blacklist its working like i wanted (beside the pi2 is to weak and it takes quite long to close the new tab - pi4 hopefully will handle this better)

@ eriefisher: good and simple but i will have more than 2 different websites so never sure to get the right one. but maybe if i get problems with the chrome extension or its still too slow i will just make a button to switch to the next tab and to the navigation like this (i want to use chrome in kiosk mode so tab overview should also be hidden)

really fast help, thanks a lot, i can go on with the project now smile

Board footer