Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-31 04:39:24

q4

Xfce display problem with dual monitor

Hi. I recently switched to Manjaro linux and now use the Xfce4 as the desktop environment. Everything is fine except I have constant problems with using a second monitor with my laptop. The problem occurs when I unplug my HDMI cable and when I plug it in. Basically part of the screen goes black and it resizes. I tried saving a profile and use it. It does not solve this problem.
I dont know how to upload pictures so I will just link my reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ManjaroLinux/c … splay_bug/

#Picture 1 shows my normal display settings and everything is fine here with 2 monitors.

#Picture 2 shows my screen after unplugging my monitor. You cant see the black part of the screen (its always on the bottom 1/4th of the screen and on the right end of the screen about 1/3rd) but I positioned my display setting windows to show that there is still space. I can move stuff there but cant screenshot it seems. I am able to solve this by resizing my screen to 0.9 then back to 0.8.

# Picture 3 shows my screen and display choice after plugging in my monitor again. As you can see toolbar is "missing" (covered in black), second display is fine. I am able to solve this by moving around the monitor icons, clicking on the primary displays here and there.

This happens every time I use my monitor and its pretty annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you!

One thing to note is that I tried out the GNOME DE and everything synced up well there but I don't like anything else about GNOME.

Last edited by q4 (2022-05-31 05:52:13)

#2 2022-05-31 11:12:45

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Xfce display problem with dual monitor

Does the same issue occur if you leave the Scale value at it's default "1x"?

Also, this bug report looks similar.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-05-31 14:16:15

q4

Yes it does solve the issue. I guess I can just leave it at 1x and scale it back to 0.8x once the monitors are set up. Thanks!

#4 2022-05-31 16:25:09

ToZ
Administrator

You might also consider creating a bug report so it can be addressed properly in a future release.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2022-05-31 17:13:22

q4

Okay I will do that!

#6 2022-07-19 06:55:23

wenyuan

I have also encountered this problem.Look forward to a quick solution

#7 2022-09-01 13:08:01

ToZ
Administrator

@wenyuan, I think you accidentally hit "report" instead of "reply". Here is your comment for this thread:

i tried to set scale 1x , no problem

Board footer