Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-19 12:38:41

xfceuser0001

Xfce 4.18 breaks Clock

Hello,

1. I'm using a custom time format for my Clock plugin using pango <span> tags. Since 4.18 the font settings seem to override font attributes in pango.
For example, I cannot set custom font sizes for individual elements anymore and it borked the display. These no longer works:

<span font_desc="Noto Sans Display Bold 6"> %p</span>
 <span font_desc="Noto Sans Display Bold" size=6> %p</span>
 <span font_desc="Noto Sans Display Bold" font_size=6> %p</span>

The font will keep being the same size as the "Font" setting, instead of using the size attribute.

2. I'm using xfce-panel with i3. The calendar seems to also break since 4.18. Whenever I click on the clock, the calendar spawns in a new position slightly to the right until it goes off screen. Login with xfce session does not have this issue.

#2 2022-12-19 13:32:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Xfce 4.18 breaks Clock

Hello and welcome.

With respect to #1, I just checked and am seeing the same. Probably best to create a bug report.

I'm not sure what to say about #2 since I don't use i3, but if this is a new issue since 4.18 and there hasn't been an i3 update in-between (which might be causing the issue), you might look at creating a separate bug report for it as well. However, you'll need to ensure that the problem isn't the result of i3 as I believe the placement of dialogs is handled by the window manager.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-12-19 17:32:30

Tamaranch

ToZ wrote:

With respect to #1, I just checked and am seeing the same. Probably best to create a bug report.

I took care of that one: https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/-/issues/675

#4 2022-12-19 18:31:05

Tamaranch

xfceuser0001 wrote:

2. I'm using xfce-panel with i3. The calendar seems to also break since 4.18. Whenever I click on the clock, the calendar spawns in a new position slightly to the right until it goes off screen. Login with xfce session does not have this issue.

Works fine for me. However there might be some positioning problems on i3, which is a window manager that can't be considered as fully supported by Xfce4-panel I think (see e.g. https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/-/issues/308). Likewise Sway, its Wayland counterpart, will not be either.

Board footer