Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-06 06:43:43

ds

Hello from Indonesia!

Hi, my name is DS and this is my first time using XFCE. I used to be a fan of Mandrake KDE in the early / mid 2000s. I was one of the earliest Linux users in my college, and was a big advocate of Linux, KDE, Mandrake (later Ubuntu) and FOSS as a whole. But everything changed when KDE 4 came out... I was not having a good time, to say the less. Tried Gnome and other DEs for a little while but those, let's say... weren't for me. Burned out, I gave up Linux entirely and bought Windows 7 instead eventhough I still prefer open sorce softwares wherever I can.

Fast forward 20 years later, having heard of KDE Neon I tried installing Linux again. Part out of curiosity, part because Windows 7 is finally dead. However, after an acute case of distro-hopping I somehow ended up with Manjaro XFCE for my laptop and PeppermintOS XFCE for my daughter's mini PC. I found XFCE is the one for me, inheriting the KDE 3.5 spirit I always like.

I'm glad to be back to Linux and thank you, XFCE team!

Last edited by ds (2023-09-06 06:44:16)

#2 2023-09-06 09:50:23

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hello from Indonesia!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-09-22 16:14:33

zub

Re: Hello from Indonesia!

good to have you back!

I took a long break from linux too.

Board footer