Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-15 03:21:30

monomono

[SOLVED] Thunar windows scroll to selected item when doing copy/cut

I recently switched to using thunar and found some very annoying behaviour that I don't know how to disable. When I copy/cut any file, all my out-of-focus thunar windows automatically scroll to the currently selected file/folder in them. Is there some way to disable this automatic scrolling behaviour?

EDIT: Apparently this issue is fixed in thunar 4.19.0
https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/-/issues/1228

Last edited by monomono (2023-10-20 07:15:21)

#2 2023-10-15 10:18:30

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Thunar windows scroll to selected item when doing copy/cut

Hello and welcome.

Which distro and version of thunar are you running?

I can replicate this issue under the following scenario (Arch linux - both thunar 4.18.7 and 4.19.0):
- multiple thunar windows open to the same directory
- no selected file on a secondary window
- delete a file on the main thunar window
***on those secondary thunar windows where no file is selected, the window will scroll to the next selected file.

You should file a bug report.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-10-16 02:40:30

monomono

Re: [SOLVED] Thunar windows scroll to selected item when doing copy/cut

I'm on Linux Mint 21.2 XFCE running thunar 4.18.4

What you described isn't quite the same issue I'm talking about but it maybe is related. Basically I open a bunch of thunar windows and select a file/folder in each one then scroll the view away so the selected file/folder is no longer visible (need a lot of files in the directory to be able to scroll away like that). Then if I try to copy/cut any file (either using ctrl-c or through the right click context menu) in any thunar window (or the desktop), all the thunar windows jump back to their currently selected file/folder. This happens in icon, list and compact views.

I guess I can try file a bug report.

Board footer