Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-20 13:45:40

mf

Per application xfwm theme

Hi all,

I am using "Dracula-alt-style" as gtk theme and "border-only" (https://www.xfce-look.org/p/1016214/) as xfwm theme. I use the "border-only" theme because I usually don't care about title and button bar (for the button actions I prefer keyboard shortcuts), nonetheless I have on application (namely, sqlitebrowser) which uses the window title to display the current opened sqlite file. Therefore, for this application only I would like to have the titlebar been displayed. I have searched and tried various option but right now I can only change the xfwm theme for all the application and not for a single application. To complicate things, the sqlitebrowser (https://sqlitebrowser.org/) is built using Qt libraries.
Do you have any suggestion to solve my problem?

TIA

Maurizio

P.S.
At the moment, I am using the command "wmctrl -l -x | grep sqlitebrowser" to know which database is currently opened but I'd prefer an xfwm solution.

Oh, I forgot: xfwm version 4.18.0

Last edited by mf (2023-11-20 13:46:31)

#2 2023-11-20 17:21:35

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Per application xfwm theme

Hello and welcome.

It's not possible. See this closed bug report.

You could try the "Window Menu" panel plugin (or middle-clicking on desktop) to show currently running applications, but the output is truncated so you may not see the actual database name. Maybe also the genmon plugin tied into your command from above to display on the panel the name of the window (or blank string if nothing matches the command).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-11-20 20:29:27

mf

Re: Per application xfwm theme

Uhm, genmon might be a solution. I'll try.

Thank you.

ToZ wrote:

Hello and welcome.

It's not possible. See this closed bug report.

You could try the "Window Menu" panel plugin (or middle-clicking on desktop) to show currently running applications, but the output is truncated so you may not see the actual database name. Maybe also the genmon plugin tied into your command from above to display on the panel the name of the window (or blank string if nothing matches the command).

Board footer