Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-22 14:39:39

inurdreams214

Resize LightDM Login Window or Change High Contrast Theme?

So with the LightDM greeter, if you enable high contrast, the login window becomes smaller. I much prefer the smaller login window oever the normal one. I was wondering if its possible to resize the login window when high contrast is disabled. I'd assume it would be done in one of the lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf files, but I haven't found anything. If that isn't possible, I want to know if changing the high contrast theme in /usr/share/themes/HighContrast/ would also affect the login window. If it does, how do I edit the theme? The gtk.css file in gtk-3.0 in the high contrast theme says "/* HighContrast is now part of GTK+ 3, this file is no longer used */".

#2 2023-11-22 23:58:05

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Resize LightDM Login Window or Change High Contrast Theme?

The High Contrast theme is built into GTK. Here is the Gtk 3.24 source.

lightdm-gtk-greeter source indicates that when you select the high contrast option, it just sets the them and icon set to High Contrast. If the login window shrinks, then there must be something in that theme file that adjusts the size (possibly by removing padding and shrinking font size?). However, the High Contrast css file doesn't explicitly reference a login window, so the settings must be inherited from something else in that theme.

Here is Xubuntu's lightdm-gtk-greeter code that shows some sample css to adjust the login window.

As a guess, since I haven't tested this, try putting this in the css file:

#login_window * { padding: 0 }

The question is where? Since lightdm doesn't run under your user account, using ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css wouldn't be the right place. Perhaps in the theme's css file in /usr/share/themes?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer