Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-04 09:04:43

Friedrich

Pulse icon is "jumping around" when opening a file in audacity

Hi,

when i open an audio file in audacity the pulse icon in the panel is "jumping around". The icon is changed very fast and it looks like "shaking". This only happens while the audio file is loading. It stops when the file is opened. I made some screenshots and you can see that the pulse icon is getting wider for a short moment. The first image is the normal icon, the second has the same width but the icon is moved to the right and the third is wider with free space left and right.

When i start xubuntu in a virtual machine (virtualbox) the icon is also changed with a little red icon at the left. I don't know what this means.

For me it looks like xfce  is trying to change the icon when opening audacity to the same when vbox is running but something goes wrong.

Screenshots:
https://ibb.co/SPCVRqX
https://ibb.co/HnzYY3w

#2 2024-01-04 12:08:03

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Pulse icon is "jumping around" when opening a file in audacity

The little red icon is the recording icon - it becomes visible when an active input like a microphone is identified.

What version of xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin are you running? I don't see this happening on the current git master version. In fact, see https://gitlab.xfce.org/panel-plugins/x … /issues/81 - fixed in 0.4.6.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-01-05 17:47:10

Friedrich

ITs version 0.4.8

dpkg -l *xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin*
ii  xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin:amd64 0.4.8-1~bpo22.04 amd64        Xfce4 panel plugin to control pulseaudio

#4 2024-01-05 17:53:34

ToZ
Administrator

Hmm. It should be fixed, although, I can't replicate this on my system.

What Appearance (Gtk) theme do you use? Does changing the theme fix the issue?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2024-01-06 10:36:22

Friedrich

I use greybird and as i can remember i dodn't change anything. I tried an other theme (adwaita) and other icon theme (adwaita) but doesn't change anything.

#6 2024-01-06 20:50:21

ToZ
Administrator

Perhaps you should create a bug report. Maybe there is something else at play here in your system. Unfortunately, I can't replicate this issue on my system.

Board footer