Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-15 08:23:27

jonzen1956

Type ls in terminal, get command exa not found locally

If any1 knows how to stop this pls  let me know.  I have spent hours searching , nothing on it.  I installed a new Arch distro and I really want to use it for a bit. Also, I use the terminal always if possible, but they have it so messed up I can't stand it.  I am old and really do not want to learn any  new nothing, so when I use yay, and when there's no package, instead of letting me build it,  the terminal asks if I want to review it?  If I hit n and enter, all stops, no build, no install, no nothing.  I really have no desire to go thru a bunch of code, I just want the program on my laptop.

I have been all thru the config files for the terminal and find nothing.  I hope it is just  a little trick I don't know.  Anyway, I don't want to say the distro name, it's not mine to mouth at.  I asked them and was told to install exa, that it replaces ls.  I don't want a replacement.  I  knew what exa is, I simply do not want  to learn new stuff.  I spent the last 30 yrs installing networks and dealing with people that do not understand the workings of computers, 1st with novel, sorry 2:18 a.m. and I'm rambling, about to crash.  If I can't resolve this soon I will just say hell with it and reinstall Arch.

Goodnight
jonzey

oh, I couldn't figure out how to post a screenshot, can barely read the  screen.  I have them of all this stupid crap.

#2 2024-01-15 12:11:55

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Type ls in terminal, get command exa not found locally

To post a screenshot, upload it to an image hosting site like imgur and then post back the link.

so when I use yay, and when there's no package, instead of letting me build it,  the terminal asks if I want to review it?  If I hit n and enter, all stops, no build, no install, no nothing.

If I'm understanding correctly, when you use yay to search for a package, you are first presented with some hits or results. Select the number of the one you want to install and then for the next 2 questions, just press Enter. It will then build an install it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer