Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-31 17:54:20

1337ingDisorder

How do I change font size in Thunar?

Recently installed thunar as an alternative to caja.

Seems to have all the features I need, except when I hold CTRL and use the scroll wheel on the mouse, only the icons change size. The font size doesn't seem to increase with the icon size.

Is there some trick to getting the fontsize adjustment to work?

While I'm on the subject of thunar, is there a way to set it to display the number of items in a folder, instead of just a generic '4.0kb' in the Size column?

#2 2024-01-31 19:00:28

rawbit

Re: How do I change font size in Thunar?

Hi,

if I use my laptop touchpad, it's hard to find a good lettersize.
(I have no mouse)
So if I use ctrl-- or ctr-+  everything works fine.
Maybe you can adjust the settings of the mouse for improvement?

KR
Rawbit

#3 2024-01-31 21:51:22

1337ingDisorder

Thanks for the suggestion.

If I use the keyboard to issue CTRL- or CTRL+ the same thing happens — the icons scale up, but the filenames remain the same fontsize.

#4 2024-02-01 03:31:46

ToZ
Administrator

1337ingDisorder wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

If I use the keyboard to issue CTRL- or CTRL+ the same thing happens — the icons scale up, but the filenames remain the same fontsize.

Are you looking to automatically scale up the font-size with the icon size (not currently possible) or just change the font size altogether (possible using CSS)? Note that you can scale the whole screen contents up by (by default) holding down the Alt key and scrolling with the mouse wheel (or whatever your third button emulation is set to).

While I'm on the subject of thunar, is there a way to set it to display the number of items in a folder, instead of just a generic '4.0kb' in the Size column?

Which version of thunar are you using? In recent versions, go to View > Configure columns, and set the Size Column of Folders option to your preference of "local files only" or "always":
Screenshot-2024-01-31-22-30-31.png

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2024-02-01 05:03:24

1337ingDisorder

Thanks, I'm using 4.16.8, which is the newest in my distro's repo, but I guess isn't new enough for the 'Size Column of Folders' feature to have been added yet.

Too bad the fontsize doesn't scale with the icon size, that seems like it would be the logical default behaviour.

#6 2024-02-01 11:30:37

ToZ
Administrator

Found the bug report for the latter: https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/-/issues/255. Feel free to chime in.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer