Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-19 14:23:14

zebisnaga

Workspace numbers disappear for some reason

Hey guys,

So I use workspaces heavily and for some reason the numbers in the bottom bar disappear after a while.
I was trying to see if I was pressing some weird key combination but thats not the case.
Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

#2 2024-03-19 18:24:09

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Workspace numbers disappear for some reason

What re you referring to when you say "bottom bar" and "numbers"? Do you have the Workspace Switcher plugin on the panel (located at the bottom of the screen) and the switcher configured for miniature view where the workstation names are displayed (and they are named numerically, then the numbers will appear)?

If so, can you post ~/.xession-errors or your journal entries around the time the issue presents itself?

If not, can you clarify what you mean?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-03-20 10:05:22

zebisnaga

ToZ wrote:

What re you referring to when you say "bottom bar" and "numbers"? Do you have the Workspace Switcher plugin on the panel (located at the bottom of the screen) and the switcher configured for miniature view where the workstation names are displayed (and they are named numerically, then the numbers will appear)?

If so, can you post ~/.xession-errors or your journal entries around the time the issue presents itself?

If not, can you clarify what you mean?

I have the workspace switcher plugin on the panel, located at the bottom of the screen, and the switcher configure to display the workspace number.
I don't have that log because I only saw this reply today and today that error did not happened yet.
I am not sure if this is something that I am pressing (I DOUBT THIS) but for some reason if I use 4 workspaces sometimes they disappear and only 1 stays the same.

https://i.imgur.com/lCx8bja.png

#4 2024-03-20 12:09:48

ToZ
Administrator

Thank you for the clarification. If workspaces are disappearing, its probably due to something crashing (xfwm4, xfdesktop, xfce4-panel). The next time it happens try to get some information from the logs - they'll probably indicate what is happening.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2024-03-20 14:18:34

zebisnaga

ToZ wrote:

Thank you for the clarification. If workspaces are disappearing, its probably due to something crashing (xfwm4, xfdesktop, xfce4-panel). The next time it happens try to get some information from the logs - they'll probably indicate what is happening.

Ok i will try to see if this happens again and if it does Ill comeback to this thread and write the log output

Board footer