Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-29 20:38:11

rayandrews

a few nasty journal messages

Just looking through my boot messages in the journal.  Everything seems to work however I wonder if anyone might have a comment on these:

xdg-desktop-portal[1043]: pw.conf: can't load config client.conf: No such file or directory
xdg-desktop-portal[1043]: pw.conf: can't load default config client.conf: No such file or directory
xdg-desktop-por[1043]: Failed connect to PipeWire: Couldn't create PipeWire context
gnome-keyring-daemon[1081]: discover_other_daemon: 1

#2 2024-03-29 22:26:03

ToZ
Administrator

Re: a few nasty journal messages

rayandrews wrote:

xdg-desktop-portal[1043]: pw.conf: can't load config client.conf: No such file or directory
xdg-desktop-portal[1043]: pw.conf: can't load default config client.conf: No such file or directory
xdg-desktop-por[1043]: Failed connect to PipeWire: Couldn't create PipeWire context

Looks like it might be related to this: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire … ssues/3296. Are you using pipewire?

gnome-keyring-daemon[1081]: discover_other_daemon: 1

This looks like just a log output.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-03-29 22:47:18

rayandrews

Re: a few nasty journal messages

I have no idea if I'm using pipewire.  All I know is that my speakers work and that, to change their defaults I hafta use alsa.  I rant a little bit that alsa seemed to work fine and then they had to go and invent Pulse and now Pipewire and I wish I could just have plain old alsa which Just Worked.  Anyway it looks like xfce is downstream of the issue, so not yours to answer for.  And, as I said, nothing is busted, I was just looking at my logs wondering about a few messages.  There's maybe a dozen comparable to this one, and mostly nobody seems to care about them.  Dunno, it's a cultural thing, but that attitude bugs me a little bit.  Don't Debian devs check for these little issues?  Seems not.  BTW, Luddite that I am, I still use LILO because it, too, Just Works.  Thanks ToZ.

Board footer