Hello

Docklike 0.4.1
Xfce 4.18

I have manually created the following file:
/home/user1/.local/share/applications/2010MSword.desktop:

The content is:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Microsoft Word 2010
Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/user1/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio" "/home/user1/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.2-x86_64/bin/wine" start /unix "/home/user1/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio/drive_c/users/user1/Start Menu/Programs/Microsoft Office/Microsoft Word 2010.lnk"
StartupNotify=true
Comment=Create and edit professional-looking documents such as letters, papers, reports, and booklets by using Microsoft Word.
Icon=A9C1_wordicon.0
Terminal=false
Path=/home/user1/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14
StartupWMClass=winword.exe

In the file ...
/home/user1/.config/xfce4/panel/docklike-4.rc

I have manually included the line ...
pinned=2010MSword;

First: This starter has no Icon. It does not show me "A9C1_wordicon.0" . Why?
(Of course I have this icon in the path "/home/user1/.local/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps" )

Second: When I click on this pinned starter on docklike nothing happens.

But when I type the command ...
env WINEPREFIX="/home/user1/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio" "/home/user1/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.2-x86_64/bin/wine" start /unix "/home/user1/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio/drive_c/users/user1/Start Menu/Programs/Microsoft Office/Microsoft Word 2010.lnk"
... into the terminal, then "word" starts.

Very strange. What do I miss?
Can it be, that somehow Lutris disturbs something?

Would appreciate some help.
Thank you.

Edit:
When I type the command ...
env WINEPREFIX="/home/user1/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio" "/home/user1/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.2-x86_64/bin/wine" start /unix "/home/user1/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio/drive_c/users/user1/Start Menu/Programs/Microsoft Office/Microsoft Word 2010.lnk"
... into the terminal, then I get an Icon in docklike.

But it is not the icon "A9C1_wordicon.0" . It's the icon of a lutris programme from another wine prefix.

I can pin this icon with right click.
When I then close "word" and try to open it again via the new pinned Icon, then not "word" opens, but the lutris programme from another prefix that is the icon from.

Last edited by Tabespe (2024-05-16 14:25:43)

#2 2024-05-16 14:25:19

Tabespe

Re: [solved] Docklike: pinned starter does not work

OK.

The starter *.desktop needs the entry...
Type=Application

Now it works.

Board footer