Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-25 01:50:56

husskii

[Solved] Hello

Hi i came across this forum looking for somewhere to post about a bug i found.. i am a long time user of xfce and always use as my gui for my debian remote servers. I usually install it with the goodies command then run tghtvnc with it to gain access..

i dont play around with themes much, sometimes i add a wallpaper and thats about it.. the rest is just perfect for my use..

i noticed since running debian bookworm 12.5 with xfce 4.18, that when i copy a file the page scrolls up to the top almost by its self..
like i will copy something usually using ctrl c at the bottom of my thunar filemanager and it will auto scroll back up to top of page..

anyone else seen this problem?

Edit; Looks like xfce bug as mentioned by ToZ and seems to be fixed now.. Thanks

Last edited by husskii (2024-06-08 03:08:55)

#2 2024-05-25 10:49:10

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Hello

Hello and welcome.

husskii wrote:

i noticed since running debian bookworm 12.5 with xfce 4.18, that when i copy a file the page scrolls up to the top almost by its self..
like i will copy something usually using ctrl c at the bottom of my thunar filemanager and it will auto scroll back up to top of page..

It looks alot like this issue. Can you confirm that it scrolls back to the selected file?

Unfortunately the resolution won't be available until thunar version 4.19.0 or later.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-05-25 11:04:09

husskii

Re: [Solved] Hello

Hi thanks for getting back to me. My issue is similar yes and also doesn't scroll back to the original file.
for example say i have a folder with 200 files and folders in this directory. when i copy a file to move to another folder, the folder i copy this file from auto scrolls up a bunch of line sometimes all the way up to top of directory and also does the the same and scrolls up in the folder i have open to paste to.

I just wanted to post the bug hoping it can be fixed in a future update, we are making do with it for now, it can be a pain when accessing vnc via phone but other then that we are getting used to it for now lol..

So its good to hear that its been reported and hopefully will be fixed in a future update..

Thanks Again.

Board footer