Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-02 00:59:44

rustico

Greetings!

Xfce has been my desktop of choice for over a decade. Earlier on, I liked Gnome 2.x but it fell off a cliff with Unity. Even though Gnome is supposedly back, I find the lack of customization troublesome. After Gnome I switched to KDE 3.x, but it too dropped out of interest with 4.x/Plasma. It was bloated and confusing and I was spending too much time going down rabbit holes with overly complicated preference settings. I switched to Xfce, usually Xubuntu LTS, and have seen nothing in the meantime that would persuade me to switch to another DE. More recently I tried Mint Cinnamon, and while Mint has its virtues, for me Mint Xfce remains much preferable.

I run a main desktop, always LTS, and keep experimentation on it to a minimum. I often check out alternative DEs and OS development releases on spare machines. While I have my preferences, I'm also curious to see if someone comes up with a better mousetrap.

I prefer an OS that provides a secure, stable, and functional foundation for running applications and otherwise stays out of the way. That keeps me loyal to Xfce, and I am extraordinarily grateful to the fine people who keep this project running. While I am not a coder, when I find a solution that may be helpful to others, I am glad to share it.

#2 2024-06-02 09:34:33

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Greetings!

Hello and welcome.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer