Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-23 05:22:37

cyberplunk

Turning Off Ctrl + Scroll Wheel to Zoom in Thunar

When using Ctrl + mouse click in Thunar to select multiple files, I often accidentally trigger Ctrl + scroll, which activates zooming. How do I turn it off? I've verified that xfwm4 -> zoom_desktop is unchecked in the settings, the mouse-button-modifier in dconf is set to "Super" (not Ctrl), and the "Key Used to Grab and Move Windows" is set to "None". I haven't found anything else in my online research and would welcome any help the community can provide. Thanks!

#2 2024-06-23 09:59:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Turning Off Ctrl + Scroll Wheel to Zoom in Thunar

Unfortunately, its hard-coded in thunar.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-06-23 15:10:57

cyberplunk

Well, that's unfortunate. Where do I go to make a feature request? In the meantime, is there a way to capture a keyboard + mouse combination in XFCE and redefine it?

Also, if you wouldn't mind pointing me to the right place in the Thunar source code where this is hard-coded, maybe I'll try my hand at editing and recompiling it.

Last edited by cyberplunk (2024-06-23 15:32:17)

#4 2024-06-23 18:17:47

ToZ
Administrator

cyberplunk wrote:

Well, that's unfortunate. Where do I go to make a feature request?

Here

In the meantime, is there a way to capture a keyboard + mouse combination in XFCE and redefine it?

Not that I am aware of.

Also, if you wouldn't mind pointing me to the right place in the Thunar source code where this is hard-coded, maybe I'll try my hand at editing and recompiling it.

Looks like its in this function - the last part.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2024-06-25 10:27:04

JayGursky

ToZ wrote:

In the meantime, is there a way to capture a keyboard + mouse combination in XFCE and redefine it?

Not that I am aware of.

I wonder why neither Thunar nor Autokey support keyboard + mouse combinations as hotkeys. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, right?

Board footer