Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-28 18:14:13

thusharkn

[SOLVED] Touchpad laggy when I connect external monitor to my Laptop

I'm running Xubuntu 24.04 [Xfce 4.18] on a Lenovo IdeaPad Slim5 laptop and have connected through VGA to a LG Flatron E2042 monitor.

The issue I'm facing is that the cursor moves very slow when being dragged around and responds slowly while using both the displays, even though I've set the pointer speed to high under xfce4-mouse-settings.

Anyone ever faced this issue or know how to go about it? Is it a hardware or a system related issue, or is it something with the DE? Thanks.

Last edited by thusharkn (2024-06-29 05:17:38)

#2 2024-06-28 19:12:24

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Touchpad laggy when I connect external monitor to my Laptop

Do you mean that the touchpad works fine when not connected to an external monitor? If so, what video card and driver do you have and installed?

Also, have you tried the DVI-D connection to the monitor?

pointer speed to high under xfce4-mouse-settings.

Depending on the version of xfce4-settings you are using and whether you are using the libinput driver, it may not be supported. You may need to use a utility like xinput to change the mouse speed (see: https://askubuntu.com/questions/948373/ … n-libinput).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-06-28 19:48:51

thusharkn

Re: [SOLVED] Touchpad laggy when I connect external monitor to my Laptop

Yes the touchpad works fine when I'm not connected to the external monitor. I have an integrated Iris XE graphics on top of a Intel core i5-11th gen and have a VGA compatible driver: TigerLake-LP GT2.

Also, have you tried the DVI-D connection to the monitor?

Sorry, but the monitor is pretty old and has VGA only, though I'm connecting my laptop with a vga-HDMI adapter.

Depending on the version of xfce4-settings you are using and whether you are using the libinput driver, it may not be supported. You may need to use a utility like xinput to change the mouse speed

I've found the pointer ID with xinput, so will try changing speed while connected with the external monitor. Thank you!

Last edited by thusharkn (2024-06-28 19:50:28)

Board footer