Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-11 22:47:05

rogue_ronin

GSconnect or KDEconnect for XFCE?

Is there a good app that doesn't pull in basically all of Gnome or KDE?

I'd like to connect my desktop to my phone, any suggestions?

#2 2024-07-12 09:50:31

gogogadget

Re: GSconnect or KDEconnect for XFCE?

Maybe this :
https://valent.andyholmes.ca/

Dependencies :

Depends On       : evolution-data-server  gnutls  gstreamer  json-glib  libadwaita  libpeas-2  libportal-gtk4
                   libpulse  libsysprof-capture  sqlite

EndeavourOS
Xfce+gtk3-classic (no CSD)+Picom

#3 2024-07-12 14:44:20

mint4all

Re: GSconnect or KDEconnect for XFCE?

rogue_ronin wrote:

Is there a good app that doesn't pull in basically all of Gnome or KDE?

I'd like to connect my desktop to my phone, any suggestions?

At this moment, I am transitioning two aging desktop setups (a Dell and an iMac) running Mint 21.1-XFCE to two late-model Lenovo Yoga laptops (dual-booting W11 & Mint 21.2-XFCE), and needed to streamline the process. So I decided to use Mint's "warpinator" app a try instead of the usual backup/restore cloning I typically do.

Much to my surprise, it was very easy to configure and works like a charm. Why am I saying this? For several years now, I've been using a USB-C_USB-A cable to copy pics and vids from my Android phone to those old desktops. In looking at several ways to copy to these new laptops over wifi instead of a cable, i began using warpinator on Android (there's an unofficial clone for Android on the GPlay store). It, too, works like a charm. The "send file" screen looks a bit different from the Linux version, but it does the job -- no more cables.

The best: no added dependencies. Worth a try if all you want is to move files?
Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

Board footer