Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-26 23:03:43

mbritton_ucd

Workspace Names Disappear

I am running multiple workspaces, each with names defined in the Workspace Settings/General/Names list. Previously, when I would hover over the mini-workspaces at the bottom of the screen, it would display the names defined in that list. 

However, after a software update and reboot, now when I hover over the mini-workspaces, it only shows "Workspace 1", "Workspace 2", etc.  Similarly, when I right-click on a window and choose "Move to another workspace", the choices are 1,2,3, etc.  The defined list is still there when I open the Workspace Settings menu, and I can change the names there, but that doesn't help.

I have tried un-selecting "Show miniature view" in the Workspace Switcher Appearance box, but that doesn't help either.

How can I get back the workspace names when hovering?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2017-10-26 23:48:25

ToZ

Re: Workspace Names Disappear

Hello and welcome.

Settings Manager > Workspaces is where you set the names. Interesting though that they disappeared. Try re-setting them and see if they stick. After resetting them also log out and back in again to ensure that they were saved properly.

How To Ask For Help           Xfce FAQ                            Xfce Release Information
The Xfce Community          Xfce Tips and Tricks

Board footer