Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-22 10:22:03

maya1101

[Solved] what did I delete in my panel that caused this?

I am running Xubuntu 13.04, and I was playing around with the panel. I deleted something that I thought was a separator on the top panel (the one at the top of the screen), but the whole middle section of the panel is now gone. Everything that was on the far right side (volume, bluetooth, wifi, clock) is now pressed up against my launcher icons near the applications menu, also, there is a large, unused portion of panel to the right of all of that. What did I do? How do I fix it? I tried putting a separator back where I thought I removed it but no luck.

I have a screenshot just to make it more clear (and yes...my username in sammich)
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23 … 01ceaa.png

Screenshot-08222013-031526AM_zps8601ceaa.png

#2 2013-08-22 10:29:33

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] what did I delete in my panel that caused this?

I tried putting a separator back where I thought I removed it but no luck.

You need to set the "Expand" property on the separator so that it pushes out. In the properties of the separator, check off the "Expand" checkbox.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2013-08-22 10:38:19

maya1101

Re: [Solved] what did I delete in my panel that caused this?

ToZ wrote:

I tried putting a separator back where I thought I removed it but no luck.

You need to set the "Expand" property on the separator so that it pushes out. In the properties of the separator, check off the "Expand" checkbox.

Well there ya have it, in the blink of an eye, the problem is solved. Thank you very much. I think I am beginning to like xfce a lot. If the forum is always this helpful, I will be happy to keep using it.

smile

Board footer