Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-14 19:42:50

knuxyl

Feature : Copy & Paste Shortcut, symbolic link

I'm not sure if this feature is present in XFCE but I know it is not in Xubuntu. I think it would be great to add a Copy and Paste Shortcut feature added to XFCE with the xdg-open or w/e would be best. Also, having to manually add programs to the menu that weren't done so automatically is frustrating, maybe a better way to do this?

XFCE is by far the best desktop environment at this time. Thank you everyone for all your hard work smile

#2 2016-04-14 22:41:46

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Feature : Copy & Paste Shortcut, symbolic link

Hello and welcome.

knuxyl wrote:

I'm not sure if this feature is present in XFCE but I know it is not in Xubuntu. I think it would be great to add a Copy and Paste Shortcut feature added to XFCE with the xdg-open or w/e would be best.

Can you explain this some more? Copy and paste functionality is built into X Windows itself, but I don't think this is what you are talking about. Can you give an example of what you mean?

Also, having to manually add programs to the menu that weren't done so automatically is frustrating, maybe a better way to do this?

There are some graphical menu programs available that you can use including alacarte, menulibre and XAME. Have a read through this thread about menu editors.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer