Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-04 05:52:12

Aravisian

WhiskerMenu theming

With Misko's and Toz's almost unintentional help, I created an Azenis style WhiskerMenu and panel theme to compliment the AzenisEX theme.
https://www.pling.com/p/1355565/

But I want to point out here, on a forum, that this can be used as a template by anyone that would like to swap out the images in the whiskermenutheme folder for any other images they would prefer. Using the materials in the theme as a guide, you can change it to almost anything else that you want.
Theming of WhiskerMenu hopefully made easy.

Last edited by Aravisian (2020-02-04 05:52:52)

#2 2020-02-04 12:06:40

ToZ

Re: WhiskerMenu theming

Nice. You've covered most (all?) of whiskermenu's tweaking capabilities. This will be a useful resource for anyone looking to tweak whiskermenu.

#3 2020-02-04 18:18:13

Aravisian

ToZ wrote:

Nice. You've covered most (all?) of whiskermenu's tweaking capabilities.

Good point- I did get a bit lazy and relied on the "to compliment the AzenisEX theme" part. I did not include the treeview, which I will add to it.
Here is the treeview background snippet- which can be modified as wanted.

#whiskermenu-window treeview.view:selected, treeview.view:selected:focus {
  color: #ffffff;
  text-shadow: 0 -1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
  -gtk-icon-shadow: none;
  background-image: linear-gradient(to right,
	                                  #3296CF,
	                                  #004473);
 }

#4 2020-02-05 20:35:02

jakfish

This is wonderful. I added it to my own garbled /.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css and the menu is great. Since I run a pure black theme, I disabled the /.config/gtk-3.0/whiskermenutheme/background.png. Your background is cool and flashy, too good for my simple/simplistic theme.

I especially admire the careful use of gradients and the blue-framed hovering of menu items.

Can't thank you enough for your hard work.

As an aside, I was wondering if you could direct me to a like-minded menu icon for the panel, but more round. I'm sticking with my transparent, all-black panel and I try to use round-ish icons, while Azenis seems to have a rectangular approach. Not a big deal if there isn't something readily out there (I very much like the 3D-ish blue hovering/active panel icon).

Congratulations; I'll run your menu in all my xfce OS's,
Jake

#5 2020-02-05 21:40:29

Aravisian

jakfish wrote:

This is wonderful. I added it to my own garbled /.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css and the menu is great. Since I run a pure black theme, I disabled the /.config/gtk-3.0/whiskermenutheme/background.png. Your background is cool and flashy, too good for my simple/simplistic theme.

LOL
I like to think that others can take it as a template and then turn it into anything that they want. I would hardly say the background image I included is "too good" for anything- it is merely different. I have many different themes on my machine, some I made myself, some I modified and some I downloaded as is. They are all very different from eachother. It is ONE thing currently keeping XFCE great...the variety and diversity.

jakfish wrote:

As an aside, I was wondering if you could direct me to a like-minded menu icon for the panel, but more round. I'm sticking with my transparent, all-black panel and I try to use round-ish icons, while Azenis seems to have a rectangular approach. Not a big deal if there isn't something readily out there (I very much like the 3D-ish blue hovering/active panel icon).

Give me some specs and I can make you one to your liking and shoot it to you in an email.

As an aside of my own... School is in full steam and I have not had a computer available to install a Gnome Desktop on to test your theme calculator border issue.

#6 2020-02-06 15:21:50

jakfish

Have sent you some emails and once again, thank you for your above-and-beyond assistance.

Jake

Board footer