Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-15 17:44:35

peter.48

Action Buttons missing icons

I don't know how in other distributions, but in Fedora XFCE since some time been problems with the Action Buttons icons. Seems like different icons are from different themes. In 4.12 (Fedora 27 to 30) regardless of the chosen theme icons were from Adwaita except in HighContrast. By choosing HighContrast some icons were from this theme and others from Adwaita. Now in Fedora 31 (XFCE 4.14) the icons that were lost at HighContrast are always lost. I would like to know in which file we can look which is the theoretical path for certain icons (reboot, suspend, hibernate) and know which would be their names.

1584297290.png
1584297361.png

Thank you in advance
P.

#2 2020-03-15 18:35:32

ToZ

Re: Action Buttons missing icons

peter.48 wrote:

I would like to know in which file we can look which is the theoretical path for certain icons (reboot, suspend, hibernate) and know which would be their names.

Have at look at this array. The second from last parameter for each entry is the icon name.

#3 2020-03-17 11:39:27

peter.48

Re: Action Buttons missing icons

After several tests and experiments I have come to:

To see reboot icon you have to:
1.put icon in /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/actions/system-reboot-symbolic.svg (is for Adwaita, Gnome, HighContrast themes)
2.put icon in /usr/share/icons/Mist/scalable/actions/system-reboot.svg (is for Crux, Fedora and Mist themes)

In case of installing something that needs Breeze icon theme (in my case it was Okular), reboot icon disappears again. To see it you have to: 

1.disable reboot in Action Buttons properties
2.choose in Appearance  Breeze or Breeze-dark icon theme
3.activate reboot in Action Buttons properties
4.change to the theme of icons we want

If we deactivate reboot in Action Buttons and we activate it again the icon disappears, to see it we have to go back to point one. Activating or deactivating other functions without icons, reboot icon also disappears. In case of Adwaita, Gnome, HighContrast themes after switching off and on pc, we are again without reboot icon. For Crux, Mist and Fedora themes the reboot icon does not disappear.

It's not a problem with Fedora either, I have tried with Linux Mint 19.3 XFCE and there is exactly the same problem.

Resuming:
1.missing icons Suspend, Hibernate, Restart (not even neutral icon)
2.Hybrid Sleep icon neutral (spanish translation error included),
3.Hibernation and Hybrid Sleep functions are not active (grayed out)
4.End Session (Log Out...) and Close Session (Log Out) have the same icon, what's the difference?!
5.in HighContrast icons theme, Restart icon that appears is from Adwaita
6.in all other icon themes except Breeze and Breeze Dark Action Buttons icons are from Adwaita

This is always Fedora and its default icon themes (Adwaita, Crux, Fedora, Gnome, HighContrast, Mist), I haven't tried to install any other theme and I haven't tested this in other distributions.

As I wrote in the CSD thread, it wouldn't be bad if developers would first fix things like that and then come up with new (and debatable) ideas wink tongue.

Regards
Peter

Last edited by peter.48 (2020-03-17 11:41:21)

Board footer