Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-29 03:56:36

magunto

Panel applets looks customizations (calendar)

Hi, new o XFCE (manjaro). I have 2 questions regarding calendar applet in the panel:

1. is there a way to customize the calendar view in the panel (the pop-up window that appears when clicking the time) - standard is very small and not looking great honestly saying. Is there a way to make it bigger (eg stretch similar like whisker menu) and additionally show eg icons with events?. Or is there a calendar applet that I can install similar to for example to kde or gnome to use?

2. there is a strange thing with the calendar's language - the entire desktop environment is set up with english as primary language, but the calendar pop-up is showing in a different language (language I use from time to time to write some documents). And there is no option to change it in the settings of the calendar window.

#2 2021-04-29 12:44:55

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Panel applets looks customizations (calendar)

magunto wrote:

1. is there a way to customize the calendar view in the panel (the pop-up window that appears when clicking the time) - standard is very small and not looking great honestly saying. Is there a way to make it bigger (eg stretch similar like whisker menu) and additionally show eg icons with events?. Or is there a calendar applet that I can install similar to for example to kde or gnome to use?

Not directly. It uses the GtkCalendar widget. You can theme this widget, using config values like:

calendar { font-size: 12pt; color: red; padding: 20px; }

...in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css (edit to suit), but this change will affect all GtkCalendar widgets that your system maybe using (not sure if there are any though).

There are 2 official calendar-like applets for Xfce (clock plugin, datetime plugin) that use GtkCalendar, but the usage and look and feel are similar. I'm not aware of getting other calendar applets there - other than maybe using the genmon plugin and yad. But that still uses the same GtkCalendar widget.

2. there is a strange thing with the calendar's language - the entire desktop environment is set up with english as primary language, but the calendar pop-up is showing in a different language (language I use from time to time to write some documents). And there is no option to change it in the settings of the calendar window.

It should just your system language/locale. Are you switching languages on the fly?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer