Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-03 05:22:38

cog

XFWM Geometry Dialog Enable/Disable ?

Recently installed fedora with xfce and am having a strange issue where everytime I resize or move a window it shows a geometry dialog in the center.  Reminds me a lot of fvwm.  Have never seen this on Ubuntu, Gentoo, Debian, Arch or anywhere else till now.  Is there a setting I can toggle this off with?

#2 2022-01-03 10:19:31

KBar

Re: XFWM Geometry Dialog Enable/Disable ?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm having a hard time visualizing and understanding. Could you capture that into a screenshot? Launch the Screenshot app and set a comfortable delay. After successfully capturing it, you'll have an option to upload it directly to Imgur.

Thanks.

#3 2022-01-06 00:11:21

cog

@KBar

Here's a screenshot.  Couldn't find any gui check boxes to toggle it, maybe it can be done via xfconf-query/xsettings?

NjrDDWKt.png

#4 2022-01-06 05:22:57

KBar

Version of Fedora and Xfce?

xfce4-about --version; xfwm4 --version

Also, what do the following commands output?

echo $DESKTOP_SESSION; echo $XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client0_Command
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client1_Command
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client2_Command
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client3_Command
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client4_Command

Board footer