Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-31 17:24:45

Aravisian

Efforts to move old Azenis theme to GTK3 not in vain...

I still have a LOT of work to do and a great deal to learn (I really need a formal structured education instead of winging it and flying by the seat of my pants...) and this image is not yet of a finished product... But my efforts are paying off.
Slowly.
Functions properly and the Max, Min and Close buttons glow when you hover over or click on them.

rh5rcQu.png

#2 2019-10-12 01:42:37

Aravisian

Re: Efforts to move old Azenis theme to GTK3 not in vain...

https://www.pling.com/p/1330040/
And now it IS in vain. Getting my Kevlar helmet and vest out even as we speak.

#3 2019-10-12 02:25:28

MrEen

Nice work. I like it. I'll try it out when I upgrade, which will be around Christmas. I'm using Mint 18.3 which has GTK3 version 3.18, but when Mint 19.3 is released, Xfce 4.14 is planned to be included, so I'm planning on upgrading then.

Well done for such a short time on Linux!

#4 2019-10-12 04:22:25

Aravisian

MrEen wrote:

Nice work. I like it. I'll try it out when I upgrade, which will be around Christmas. I'm using Mint 18.3 which has GTK3 version 3.18, but when Mint 19.3 is released, Xfce 4.14 is planned to be included, so I'm planning on upgrading then.

I did make a 3.18 version... But frankly, it is not quite as good.
Margins were not supported until 3.20 in gtk css. Thanks to Toz for helping me learn about that.
What I did in the 3.18 version was oversized the titlebar background and then created a background image of the close, min and max image with empty sockets.
Then, I made the titlebuttons just the blue orbs that go into the sockets.
It works... but it stumbles for windows which have only minimize and close or just close because that background image is left sticking out.
It does not support multiple images, either, so I needed to use Linear Gradients to draw the scrollbars and they just look odd.
I am still using it on the Garage Toughbook as that will probably stay with gtk 3.18 for a long while.  While I can send it to others - I would prefer to not put it up for download. I don't consider it to be very good work.
Thanks for the encouragement. It's not everyones cup o' tea, but every customer that sees it in the shop goes nuts over it. Most have never seen anything like it.

MrEen wrote:

Well done for such a short time on Linux!

It's a testament to blindly stumbling with trial and error far more than learned and knowledgeable coding. I admit, I hope smarter brains than mine download it- and improve it.

Last edited by Aravisian (2019-10-12 04:24:04)

#5 2019-10-12 04:35:25

MrEen

Aravisian wrote:

It's a testament to blindly stumbling with trial and error far more than learned and knowledgeable coding.

Been doing that for years myself. Can't bring myself to try to learn anything properly since I used VB6 and did lots of scripting in mIRC.

I once spent a considerable amount of time scripting something mIRC. Days after I joyously completed the damn thing, the developer released a new version with a built-in variable accomplishing the same task!

Board footer