Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-02-21 11:59:33

janp

Re: XFCE4.16 to switch to CSD

I was just writing to request to be able to force the titlebar on some application , like the Opera browser, that use the horrible CSD layout and I discovered, to my deep sadness, that xfce itself wants to switch to CSD!

Why? Why this stupid decision? I don't use Opera anymore because, besides of looking horrible, it is barely distinguishable from other windows on the desktop.
So PLEASE add the possibility to force borders and titlebars on selected windows (like Kwin of KDE does) like the Opera one because these geniuses have removed this option from the product, and,  leave at least the option to use normal titlebars and borders on XFCE.

Thank you.

#27 2020-02-21 19:10:55

Aravisian

janp wrote:

I was just writing to request to be able to force the titlebar on some application , like the Opera browser, that use the horrible CSD layout and I discovered, to my deep sadness, that xfce itself wants to switch to CSD!

Why? Why this stupid decision? I don't use Opera anymore because, besides of looking horrible, it is barely distinguishable from other windows on the desktop.
So PLEASE add the possibility to force borders and titlebars on selected windows (like Kwin of KDE does) like the Opera one because these geniuses have removed this option from the product, and,  leave at least the option to use normal titlebars and borders on XFCE.

Thank you.

JanP, I agree with you, obviously.  A bit off topic, but perhaps helpful for in the meantime: Have you tried using gtk-3-nocsd with Opera?

#28 2020-02-23 07:39:35

janp

Aravisian wrote:

JanP, I agree with you, obviously.  A bit off topic, but perhaps helpful for in the meantime: Have you tried using gtk-3-nocsd with Opera?

Hi, I tried it without success. Maybe I am not using it correctly but with Opera it has absolutely no effect.
I read that Kwin has an option to force WM decorations and I think that a similar solution for xfwm would be preferrable over using thirdy party hacks.
Thank you.

Board footer